This may not always be guaranteed to be true, but I've noticed that the
"older Flash plugin" removed by Adobe's Flash RPM is Gnash, with the
uninstall done via a rather crude method (move the Netscape-style plugin
library & repackage).

The yum/rpm uninstall probably cleans a bit more, and perhaps should be
run first to avoid the conflicting uninstall routines.