On 04/23/2012 01:08 PM, Daniel Drake wrote:

runin does make a lot of effort to be started early, but it explicitly
pulls in olpc-configure as a dependency before being run. I helped
Richard with this when it was originally implemented. My systemd port
maintains the same behaviour.

In the very early days runin started before anything else so Wad and Martin you do remember that correctly. Runin, however, uses X and in the move to a consolidated build for 1.0 and 1.5 X needs different setups to start. Rather than duplicate that code in runin Daniel worked with me to move runin to after olpc-configure.

--
Richard A. Smith  <rich...@laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child