On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Tom Parker <t...@carrott.org> wrote:
> As reported last time and the time before, our yum problems persist. It seems
> the first invocation works but subsequent invocations do not.
> rpmdropbox.laptop.org is reporting what appears to be an incorrect
> content-type:
>
> $ echo "GET /f17/repodata/primary.xml.gz HTTP/1.1
> Host: rpmdropbox.laptop.org
> Accept: */*
>
> " | nc rpmdropbox.laptop.org 80 |head -n 12
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 00:58:23 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.6 proxy_html/3.0.0 mod_ssl/2.2.8
> OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_wsgi/1.3 Python/2.5.2 mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8
> Last-Modified: Thu, 24 May 2012 11:30:07 GMT
> ETag: "1ac806b-25d5-4c0c692df2dc0"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes

> Putting the same file on my own server yields an application/x-gzip content
> type and no content encoding.
>
> It’s not clear whether or how this is related to the problems we see with
> yum, perhaps there is a transparent proxy which is sometimes re-serving the
> decompressed content?

I haven't seen any yum problems, and I think you're the only ones who
have reported them, but I can reproduce the results of the nc run as
above.

Are you sure these http headers are wrong?

I filed a bug for this:
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/11958

I agree with your suspicion that there's a confused transparent proxy
in the path somewhere. You're the only one to report yum issues, so I
think it is probably something localised to your part of the world.

Thanks
Daniel