georgejh...@gmail.com said:
> With so many XO1's out there, it might really be helpful, and strategic, to
> be able to have more that 1 GB storage.

> I guess we might not know for a while how many XO1's are unreliable, when
> running off of an SD card, until we try it.

I have an XO-1 that was setup to reboot every 4 hours. and mount an SD card.
It didn't get a lot of use, but it did test the reboot process and make sure
the WiFi worked.

The only problems I ever saw was that it would occasionally hang during boot
because Linux couldn't talk to the SD card.  It was printing out a timeout
message every second or two.  There was a short pause between messages.

I assumed it was a quirk in the firmware setup.  I'll try to collect some
data if somebody wants to chase this.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.