On Tue, Aug 27, 2024 at 02:15:10PM +0300, Rayhan Faizel wrote:
On Tue, Aug 27, 2024 at 1:51 PM Martin Kletzander <mklet...@redhat.com> wrote:

On Tue, Aug 27, 2024 at 12:08:27PM +0300, Rayhan Faizel wrote:

>All the existing code is indeed still compiled as C. Only the fuzzing
>executables (under tests/fuzz/) are compiled in C++ and linked to
>those C objects. We still do need some of the minor code modifications
>(in PATCH 1) because existing C headers are sometimes interpreted a
>bit differently from the fuzzer's PoV, even with C linkage.

Sorry, what I meant is whether it would be possible to keep the code as
is, the keyword parameters are a bit of a problem, but writing a layer
of C code to call it through from the C++ code feels weird.  Of course
attributes are also complicated to make work, but those changes in the C
code are pretty okay I think.

Sorry, I am not sure I fully understand the first statement regarding
writing a layer of C code. I had only replaced the keyword parameters
with alternative names in PATCH 1.

My bad, I was trying to be brief and overdone it.  What I meant is a
function that would look like the following, but it would not be a very
nice solution:

int callableFromCPlusPlus(int a, int b) {
    return orig(a, b);
}

and call that one from C++.  Now that I think about it, it could be even
easier, and maybe more awkward, if you only changed the declarations in
the header.

But anyway, we're getting sidetracked, sorry for that.

--
Rayhan Faizel