I committed some code that should fix the timer problems on SPARC linux. Can you either svn up and try again (or, if you are using nightly builds) try tomorrow's tarball and see if it works? The test tests/util/opal_timer.c should give an indication as to whether everything is working ok or not.

Thanks!

Brian