I'm looking at porting Open MPI to FreeBSD and am trying to get a handle
on the requirements.  The issue I'm hitting so far is the opal timer
code which won't finish configuration at the moment.  Where is the API
to implement documented?  Is there an intent to implement a sub-optimal
version with POSIX calls at some point?  If I understand the current
code correctly, something based on clock_gettime() and clock_getres()
should do it.

Are there other things I can expect to have to implement?

-- Brooks