On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 10:44:11AM +0200, Christian Kauhaus wrote:

> Hello *,

Hi.

> University of Jena (Germany). Our work group is digging into how to
> connect several clusters on a campus.

I think I'm also a member of this workgroup, though I am not
working at University of Jena, but studying there.

> First we are interested to integrate IPv6 support into the tcp btl.
> Does anyone know if there is someone already working on this?

I have a first quick and dirty patch, replacing AF_INET by AF_INET6,
the sockaddr_in structs and so on.

I think it is broken, the calculation of net1 and net2 in
btl_tcp_proc.c isn't really ported and to be honest: I don't
understand the details, i.e. do I have to port name lookups,
are there high level structures relying on IPv4 structs
and so on.

At least it compiles ;) (let's ship it)

I don't know if this patched tcp-component can handle
IPv6 connections, I've never tested it. I think it
even breaks IPv4 functionality; we should make clear
how IPv4 and IPv6 may work in parallel (or may not, if
one considers IPv4 deprecated ;)

You can retrieve the patch here:

   http://cluster.inf-ra.uni-jena.de/~adi/ompi.ipv6.v1.patch

I'd also appreciate any suggestions, hints or even success stories ;)

--
mail: a...@thur.de      http://adi.thur.de      PGP: v2-key via keyserver

Bill Gates's Motto: "If you can't make it good, make it look good!"