On Sun, Apr 15, 2007 at 10:25:06PM -0400, chaitali dherange wrote:

> Hi,

Hi!

> giving more priority to the MPI calls over the non MPI ones.

> static I mean.. we know that our clusters use Infiniband for MPI ...
> so all the non MPI communication can be assumed to be TCP
> communication using the 'mca_btl_tcp_send()' from the
> ompi/mca/btl/tcp/btl_tcp.c file.

I don't see why you call BTL/IB a MPI call, but BTL/TCP is non-MPI.

The BTL components are used to provide MPI data transport. Depending on
your installed hardware, this transport can be done via IB, Myrinet or
at least TCP. Open MPI is even able to mix multiple transports and do
message striping.

I suggest you read the comments in pml.h to make things clear. Don't get
confused, they still use the old terminology 'PTL' instead of 'BTL', but
just consider them to be equal.

--
Cluster and Metacomputing Working Group
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany

private: http://adi.thur.de