Hola,

Are there any guidelines about the use of opal_output_verbose? - Are there hidden meanings for a given verbose level? e.g. 0 reserved for PML, or 50-100 for BTL and so on - Maybe the base component output_id is ok to use in situation XYZ but a component specific output_id should be used in situation ABC? Or should never be used for component specific output?

Why I ask. I want to report a warning to the user when "--enable-debug" is not configured. I also do not want the error to show up all the time, only when for example --mca btl_base_debug is set to some value. I am thinking I will just use opal_output_verbose but wanted to see if there were any guidelines about its use? Or if I should be thinking about some other option all together.

-DON