Hi Aurelien,

Thank you for the pointers. I was able to plug in a component to an
existing framework.

Thanks again,

Sajjad

Aurelien Bouteiller <boute...@cs.utk.edu>
Sent by: devel-boun...@open-mpi.org
09/08/07 01:34 PM
Please respond to
Open MPI Developers <de...@open-mpi.org>

Open MPI Developers <de...@open-mpi.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [OMPI devel] Adding a new component

Hi Sajjad,

First it will depend wether you are writing a new component in an existing
framework (let say you are writing a new BTL for a new type of
interconnect) or a totally new framework (you want to have a family of
component that can manage a totally new functionality in Open MPI). In
each Framework there is a "base" which take care of the component
selection process. If you are just adding a component, you will just need
to provide a mca_mycomponent_init(bool enable_progress_threads, bool
enable_mpi_threads) as described in the mca_component_t structure. The
mca_framework_base_select will then take care of everything for you. If
you want to add a new framework you'll have to create a selection function
by yourself (all along with a full bunch of other functions to populate
the base of the framework). I'll give you more details on this if it is
relevant for you, just ask.

Aurelien