I really don't have the background to discuss ORTE architectural decisions I
will leave this to others.

What I need is the following:

The ability to support Shared Memory on CNL. This requires knowing if a proc
is local and a mechanism to solve the SM init race condition. Here are the
constraints as I see them:

- Don't want to #if the code
- Need to support this in 1.3 and probably 1.2 depending on release of 1.3
- This shouldn't be a "hack" in 1.3
- 1.2 may be a bit more of a hack as we are talking a back port with a much
shorter maintenance time-frame than 1.3

Looks to me like we need a conference call to discuss this. Would sometime
next week work?

Happy Thanksgiving all! I'm off to eat entirely too much..

- Galen