Hi,

  In Paris we've talked about putting HCA discovery and initialization code
outside of openib BTL so other components that want to use IB will be able
to share common code, data and registration cache. Other components I am
thinking about are ofud and multicast collectives. I started to look at
this and I have a couple of problems with this approach. Currently openib
BTL has if_include/if_exclude parameters to control which HCAs should be
used. Should we make those parameters global and initialize only HCAs
that are not exulted by those filters, or should we initialize all HCAs
and each component will have its own include/exclude filters? Another
problem is how multicast collective knows that all processes in a
communicator are reachable via the same network, do we have a mechanism
in ompi to check this?

--
                        Gleb.