Dear Developers
I am back.. This time i am actually facing a problem. I should have send the
problem to eventlib mailing list first, but I thought your guys must be more
current with what I am doing, so i tried this list first.

I am trying to port xensockets to openmpi. In principle, I have the framework
and everything, but there seems to be a small issue, I cannot get libevent (or
OPAL) to give callbacks for receive (or send) for xensockets. I have tried to
implement  native code  for xensockets  with libevent library,  again the same
issue.  No  call backs! . With normal sockets, callbacks do come easily.

So question is,  do the socket/file descriptors have to have some special
mechanism attached to them to support callbacks for libevent/opal? i.e some
structure/magic?. i.e. maybe the developers of xensockets did not add that
callback/interrupt thing at the time of creation. Xensockets is open source,
but my knowledge about these issues is limited. So I though some pointer in
right direction might be useful.

Second question is, what if we cannot have the callbacks. What is the
recommended way to implement the btl component for such a device? Do we need to
do this with event timers?

Best Regards,
Muhammad AtifPS: google was not helpful. :)

Be a better friend, newshound, and