On Feb 20, 2008, at 7:53 AM, Sharon Melamed wrote:

I guess I was torn between reporting num_processors/sockets and
max_socket|core_id.  Really, you need both, right?  It is possible
that the number of processors and/or sockets are not contiguous.
I need both *because* the number of processor is not contiguous. In my
case, I have a machine with two sockets. the socket numbers are 0 and
3. so in num_sockets I have 2 and in max_socket_id I have 3 and I need
those both values.

Ok, so it sounds like a paffinity API change is in order. When/if the Solaris plugin comes into effect, I know that they have similar issues (processors may not be numbered contiguously).

Do you want to change the API to include both parameters when querying sockets and cores? The Solaris API has these functions, but they're no-ops (returning NOT_SUPPORTED), but we'll need to make their prototypes match.

I think PLPA otherwise passes criteria for release. I'll release PLPA v1.1 today and try to get it integrated into the trunk. Sorry it's taken a while...