From: George Bosilca <bosi...@eecs.utk.edu>
To: Open MPI Developers <de...@open-mpi.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:31:46 AM
Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] limit tcp fragment size?

The btl_tcp_min_send_size is not exactly what you expect it to be. It
drive only the send protocol (as implemented in Open MPI), and not the
put protocol the TCP BTL is using.

You can achieve what you want with 2 parameters:
1. btl_tcp_frag set to 9. This will force the send protocol over TCP
all the time
2. btl_tcp_max_send_size set to 16K which will define the size of a
fragment in the pipelined send protocol.

   george.