I found what Pak said a little confusing as the wait_daemon function doesn't
actually receive a signal itself - it only detects that a proc has exited
and checks to see if that happened due to a signal. If so, it flags that
situation and will order the job aborted.

So if the proc continues alive, the fact that it was hit with SIGUSR2 will
not be detected by ORTE nor will anything happen - however, if the OS uses
SIGUSR2 to terminate the proc, or if the proc terminates when it gets that
signal, we will see that proc terminate due to signal and abort the rest of
the job.

We could change it if that is what people want - it is trivial to insert
code to say "kill everything except if it died due to a certain signal".

<shrug> up to you folks. Current behavior is what you said you wanted a long
time ago - nothing has changed in this regard for several years.