There is no way to send a message to a daemon located on another node
without relaying it through the local daemon. The application procs have no
knowledge of the contact info for any daemon other than their own, so even
using the direct routed module would not work.

Can you provide some reason why the normal relay is unacceptable? And why
the PML would want to communicate with a daemon, which, after all, is -not-
an MPI process and has no idea what a PML is?