I am seeing the message "Dropped message for the non-existing communicator" when running hpcc with np=124 against r19845. This seems to be pretty reproducible at np=124. When the job prints out the message above some set of processes are in an MPI_Bcast and the 15 processes reporting the message are stuck in MPI_Barrier. I am not sure how related this is to #1408 since I am not invoking the hierarchical collectives. I just wanted to see if anyone else has tried to run hpcc at such an np size with any success.

My next steps are to try to run this with the latest trunk and to narrow down the failing case.

--td