I was playing with OMPI and I noticed that if I modified btl.h, bml_r2.c did not automatically get rebuilt, even though it includes btl.h. This caused me all sorts of unnecessary debugging troubles. In the end, just touching bml_r2.c was enough... it caused bml_r2.c to be recompiled and to see the changes in btl.h.

So, question:

Given that bml_rc.2 includes btl.h, wouldn't the proper make dependencies cause bml_rc.c to be recompiled whenever btl.h is touched?

Again, it appears that this is not happening and that strikes me as a problem -- for someone out there to fix. :^)