Ralph Castain wrote:

On Dec 4, 2008, at 3:25 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

I don't know who's interested, so I thought I'd bring it up on the devel list: let's start the basics for the January ORTE meeting. We may be able to sketch out an agenda, but frankly, it may depend on how far we get in the December meeting. So we may not be able to fully decide that yet.

But I thought we might be able to list out the high level goals and start discussing location, length of the meeting, and dates.

* Cisco has some heavy travel restrictions right now, so I would not be able to attend unless we have it here in Louisville again, or perhaps Bloomington (i.e., I can make day trips to drive there). I do have a Telepresence unit in Louisville now, so we could conference in Boxborough (i.e., Sun) for 1-2 hours at a time, if desirable. That being said, my presence is probably not critical to these meetings, so don't let this be a gating factor.

* My January is fairly open at this point; I have no scheduled travel [yet]. I *may* become unavailable the week of Jan 5 (i.e., first full week in Jan), which might not be desirable for an ORTE meeting anyway because a) we'll all be recovering from the holidays, and b) it's unlikely that anyone will have had a chance to do much/anything since the December ORTE meeting.

* Point of information: the next Forum meeting is in the California Bay area on Feb 9-11, 2009.

My Jan is open, and I can travel wherever required. However, given that many people are under heavy travel constraints, and that the majority of you will be at the MPI Forum, would it make sense to tack it on before/after that meeting? I'm not sure Jan is a requirement, especially given the holiday break after the Dec meeting.

Just wanted to add that Sun is interested in these meetings too but are also under strict travel restrictions so doing this via CISCOs telepresence, concall or at the Forum meeting suits us best then a special meeting.

--td