Hello,

I am testing OpenMPI 1.3 over Open-MX. OpenMPI 1.2 works well but 1.3
does not load. This is caused by OMPI MX components now using some MX
internal symbols (mx_open_board, mx__get_mapper_state and
mx__regcache_clean). This looks like an ugly hack to me :) Why don't you
talk to Myricom about adding a proper interface in MX?

Building OMPI directly on Open-MX will disable the mapper_state stuff
because of missing MX internal headers. But, Open-MX is ABI compatible
with MX. So building on MX and running on Open-MX requires the addition
of these symbols in Open-MX anyway. Before I do so, I'd like to know why
you actually need these symbols. Are mx_open_board and
mx__get_mapper_state used to get a "fabric identifier" in the context of
multi-clusters/grids? If so, assuming it will ever matter for Open-MX,
is it ok to just have mx__get_mapper_state report the MAC address of the
my mapper node and nothing else in the mapper_state structure? Then, I
guess mx__regcache_clean is called when the OMPI free hook wants to
clear the MX regcache, right?

Also, is there any plan to use any other MX internal symbols in the
future releases?

By the way, is there a way to get more details from OMPI when it fails
to load a component because of missing symbols like this?
LD_DEBUG=verbose isn't very convenient :)

thanks,
Brice Goglin