On Mar 25, 2009, at 6:09 PM, Aurélien Bouteiller wrote:

I'm trying to state that a particular component depends on another
that should therefore be dlopened automatically when it is loaded. I
found some code doing exactly that in
mca_base_component_find:open_component, but can't find any example of
how to actually trigger that code path. Does anybody have a clue of
what should I do to declare the list of dependencies of my component ?

What, you want documentation?  ;-)

Let's say you have a BTL component named auri, which therefore generates btl_auri.la (etc.). You can have a text file named btl_auri.ompi_info with a line in it like this:

dependency = btl:jeff

This will load btl_jeff.la before btl_auri.la.

It looks like the parser code here was never updated to the more modern flex-based key=value parser. It also looks like each dependency line can only take a single value (vs. say, a comma- delimited list). But it looks like you can have multiple dependency lines.

This code used to work, but it hasn't been checked in forever... Extra bonus points if you update to the flex parser and allow comma/ whitespace-delimited lists (I think we have a utility parser function for that somewhere in opal...?).