George Bosilca wrote:

You're right, the sentence was messed-up. My intent was to say that I found the problem, made a fix and once this fix applied to the trunk I was not able to reproduce the deadlock.

But you were able to reproduce the deadlock before you made the fix?

Anyhow, if I get fresh bits (through r20947) and I back out r20944 (either in the source code or simply by setting the mpool_sm_min_size MCA parameter to 0), I get deadlock.

Based on your description of the bug I forced osu_bw to send 1024 non- blocking sends (instead of the default 64), and I still don't get the deadlock. I'm trilled ...

Yes, that's a good test. You're sure you had mpool_sm_min_size set to 0? I just don't have the same luck you do. I get the hang even with your fixes.