Thanks for the answer. So if I understand correctly, the connection
order is decided dynamically depending on when each peer has some
messages to send and how the upper level load-balances them. There
shouldn't be anything preventing (1) and (2) from happening at the same
time then. And I wonder why I always see 1,2,3,4 with MX (using IMB) and
not with Open-MX...

Brice