----- "Ralph Castain" <r...@open-mpi.org> wrote:

> Perhaps a telecon (myself, Jeff S, and you) would be best at this
> stage.

Sounds good, will take that part to private email.

> I confess I'm now confused too - what you describe is precisely
> what we already do.

I added printf()'s to the PLPA init(),
PLPA_NAME(sched_getaffinity)() and
PLPA_NAME(sched_setaffinity)() functions to see where
they are getting called to try and clarify what's up.

I do see init() and PLPA_NAME(sched_getaffinity)() getting
called, but never PLPA_NAME(sched_getaffinity)().

This is on my home box (quad core) not our production
clusters, but the basics should be the same..

cheers,
Chris