If I follow correctly, the problem is not with the Self CRS component USING lt_dl*(), but rather a failure is occurring when one is trying to dynamically load the component itself. If that is correct, then I'd guess that some automake/libtool magic incantation is missing. It may be as simple as needing $(LIBLTDL) somewhere in the Makefile.am.

-Paul

Josh Hursey wrote:
Once upon a time, the Self CRS module worked correctly, but I admit that I have not tested it in a long time.

The Self CRS component uses dl_open and friends to inspect the running process for a particular set of functions. When I try to run an MPI program that contains these signatures I get the following error when it tries to resolve lt_dlopen() in opal_crs_self_component_query():
------------------
my-app: symbol lookup error: /path/to/install/lib/openmpi/mca_crs_self.so: undefined symbol: lt_dlopen
------------------

I am configuring with the following:
------------------
./configure --prefix=/path/to/install \
  --enable-binaries \
  --with-devel-headers \
  --enable-debug \
  --enable-mpi-threads \
  --with-ft=cr \
  --without-memory-manager \
  --enable-ft-thread \
  CC=gcc CXX=g++ \
  F77=gfortran FC=gfortran

The source code is at the link below:
  https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/browser/trunk/opal/mca/crs/self

Does anyone have any thoughts on what might be going wrong here?

Thanks,
Josh