----- "David Robertson" <robert...@marine.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hiya,

> We use both the PGI and Intel compilers over an
> Infiniband cluster and I was trying to find a way
> to have both orteruns in the path (in separate
> directories) at the same time.

Not a solution, but what we do here is to arrange our
installs into separate locations thus:

/usr/local/openmpi-gcc/$version
/usr/local/openmpi-intel/$version
/usr/local/openmpi-pgi/$version

and then use Modules (modules.sf.net) to let users easily
select which they want to use, so to load the default OMPI
for the Intel compilers they do:

module load openmpi-intel

We use symlinks for the module files to a generic one which
uses some lrange and split in tcl to derive the application
and compiler from the name of the module and loads the
compiler module if it's not already been loaded.

Users load a "vpac" module from their profile/cshrc at
login time and that pulls in our suggested defaults for
that cluster.

Makes life a lot easier for our users (and us!).

cheers,
Chris