Just want to make this very clear, since other LANL people are on this list.

I am in no way saying that LANL users are ill-intentioned or deliberately attempting to circumvent system restrictions. See my other note for the most common scenarios that lead to this problem and you will see that is the case.

I do not believe this will fully achieve the goal you seek as it has been attempted before - it helped, but doesn't fully succeed.

That said, I do not oppose implementing it as it -does- help alleviate the problem.

Please also note that - if you are worried about problems caused when tuning - it is often the case that combinations of param values cause trouble as opposed to the value of a single param (e.g., when specifying QP buffer sizes). I'm not sure how your proposal will deal with that situation, but I leave that to you. :-)