On Oct 15, 2009, at 9:28 PM, Larry Baker wrote:

../src/run_nnlsqs_mpi.f(39): error #6285: There is no matching
specific subroutine for this generic subroutine call. [MPI_CART_SHIFT]
        Call MPI_CART_SHIFT( mpi_comm_grid, direction, amount,
-------------^

Sorry for the delay in replying; my INBOX has grown totally out of hand. :-(

I see that we do define MPI_CART_SHIFT in our F90 module as follows:

subroutine MPI_Cart_shift(comm, direction, disp, rank_source, rank_dest, ierr)
  integer, intent(in) :: comm
  integer, intent(in) :: direction
  integer, intent(in) :: disp
  integer, intent(out) :: rank_source
  integer, intent(out) :: rank_dest
  integer, intent(out) :: ierr
end subroutine MPI_Cart_shift

Do all your arguments match? The output you give above only shows the first 3 parameters and none of their types.

With Fortran 90 "Include 'mpif.h'", no errors.

mpif.h does not provide any argument checking at all (even when compiled with an F90 compiler).