Both. It originally meant we need to get the fix out ASAP. Follow-up e-mail (Louis sent privately to me, I responded just now to the users list to publish/archive the info) suggests that our fixes don't fix his problem. So, the fixes are insufficient, or he's encountering a different problem.

Jeff Squyres wrote:

...just catching up after the holidays...

Just to ensure I understand: does this mean that the sm issue is *not* yet
resolved?  Or does it mean that it *is* resolved on the 1.4 branch and we need
to get 1.4.1 out ASAP?