Process migration is a feature that we are planning on adding to the 1.5 series within the next year. Unfortunately I cannot provide any more details about the state of the implementation or availability schedule at the moment. Once it is publicly available then there will be an announcement on the Open MPI users and devel lists, so I would watch those lists for updates.

-- Josh