Hi Ralph,

For now, I think that yes, this is a unique identifier. However, in my opinion, this could be improved in the future replacing it by a unique string.

Something like :

#define ORTE_NOTIFIER_DEFINE_EVENT(eventstr, associated_text) {
        static int event = -1;
        if (OPAL_UNLIKELY(event == -1) {
                event = opal_sos_create_new_event(eventstr, associated_text);
        }
        ...<increase event counter>...
}

This would move the event numbering to the OPAL layer, making it transparent to the developper.

Just my 2 cents ...

Sylvain