--
Samuel K. Gutierrez
Los Alamos National Laboratory

On Jun 1, 2010, at 11:35 AM, Graham, Richard L. wrote:

Can you be a bit more explicit, please ?
I do not want this on our systems, so as long as this is a compile time decision, and as long as this does not degrade the performance of the current sm device, I will not object.

Rich

----- Original Message -----
From: devel-boun...@open-mpi.org <devel-boun...@open-mpi.org>
To: Open MPI Developers <de...@open-mpi.org>
Sent: Tue Jun 01 13:08:46 2010
Subject: [OMPI devel] RFC: System V Shared Memory for Open MPI

WHAT: New System V shared memory component.

WHY: https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/ticket/1320

WHERE:
M      ompi/mca/btl/sm/btl_sm.c
M      ompi/mca/btl/sm/btl_sm_component.c
M      ompi/mca/btl/sm/btl_sm.h
M      ompi/mca/mpool/sm/mpool_sm_component.c
M      ompi/mca/mpool/sm/mpool_sm.h
M      ompi/mca/mpool/sm/mpool_sm_module.c
A      ompi/mca/common/sm/configure.m4
A      ompi/mca/common/sm/common_sm_sysv.h
A      ompi/mca/common/sm/common_sm_windows.c
A      ompi/mca/common/sm/common_sm_windows.h
A      ompi/mca/common/sm/common_sm.c
A      ompi/mca/common/sm/common_sm_sysv.c
A      ompi/mca/common/sm/common_sm.h
M      ompi/mca/common/sm/common_sm_mmap.c
M      ompi/mca/common/sm/common_sm_mmap.h
M      ompi/mca/common/sm/Makefile.am
M      ompi/mca/common/sm/help-mpi-common-sm.txt
M      ompi/mca/coll/sm/coll_sm_module.c
M      ompi/mca/coll/sm/coll_sm.h

WHEN: Upon acceptance.

TIMEOUT: Tuesday, June 8, 2010 (after devel concall).

HOW:
MCA mpi: parameter "mpi_common_sm" (current value: <mmap>,
                          data source: default value)
                          Which shared memory support will be used.
Valid
                          values: sysv,mmap - or a comma delimited
combination
                          of them (order dependent).  The first
component that
                          is successfully selected is used.