> That contribution needs to be
>
> a) brought under the control of --enable-contrib-no-build=
>
> b) possibly renamed (it would seem to be an MPI specific thing)
>     so maybe, libmpitrace ?

I'd like to qualify that, in the light of some more digging,
though (b) is still an issue.

It seems that the "libtrace" conribution IS under the control of

--enable-contrib-no-build=

(not that you'ld know that from configure -- help) but the NetBSD
handling of such options ended up running confgure with:

 --enable-contrib-no-build=libtrace --enable-contrib-no-build=vt

and not:

--enable-contrib-no-build=vt,libtrace

so the configure was only honouring the last one listed.

OK, I humbly withdraw (a) above but now, equally humbly, suggest
that instead of using a list, those things be turned into standard,
single-target, configure options, vis:

--with-XXXX=

--enable-XXXX=

humbly yours,
Kevin

--
Kevin M. Buckley                                  Room:  CO327
School of Engineering and                         Phone: +64 4 463 5971