Per a discussion on the devel telecon a week or two ago, I have refactored
the opal/util/if.c code into a static framework (ala the installdirs
implementation) so that the various cases are dealt with in configure.m4
instead of a mass of interwoven #if-#else clauses. Jeff will undoubtedly do
some cleanup of the configury magic, but the basic functionality is ready
for initial review.

For those who care, please clone and check the code at
http://bitbucket.org/rhc/ompi-if to ensure that the correct opal/mca/if
components are being built for your environment, and that the
discovered interfaces are correct. Please let me know (up or down) so we can
get a feel for how close we are to bringing this back to the trunk.

Thanks
Ralph