On Oct 10, 2010, at 7:49 AM, Terry Dontje wrote:

> At first glance this sounds like a sane approach but didn't we start with
> this same approach with 1.5.0?  I know it was kind of required to do it for
> 1.5.0 but we did go off track with delivery.   I believe to be successful at
> making a deadline for 1.5.1 we need to consider the following.  Do we think
> the initial stablization is going to take weeks or months?

I *think* weeks.  The trunk is pretty stable right now.  But then again, that's
why I'm asking here -- what do others think?  Are there half-baked features in
the trunk that are not / nowhere near ready for the v1.5.1?

> While we stablize what will be the rules of doing CMRs to 1.5.1?  What will
> be the rules for doing CMRs to 1.5.1 after stablization?

I think the CMRs will be pretty much the same.  However, we do reserve the
right to have the more aggressive CMRs -- e.g., something "big" can be "ok,
Terry/CMR committer, you have the v1.5 branch for 3 days.  Bring your feature
over to it."  (might not be necessary if we re-sync, but we still reserve the
right to do it ;-) ).