On 12/14/2010 09:06 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

Should we add an MCA parameter to switch between BIND and PREFERRED, and
perhaps default to BIND?

I'm not sure BIND should be the default for everyone - memory imbalanced jobs
might
page badly in this case.  But, yes, we would like an MCA to choose and allow
sites
to select BIND as their default if they wish.  An mpirun option like
--bind-to-mem
would need a preferred/affinity alternative and I'm not sure how of a nice
notation/
syntax for that.

How about:

   --mca maffinity_libnuma_policy bind|preferred

Yep, that appears to meet the Open MPI standards of maximal verbosity. :-)

Anything is OK as long as the functionality is there.

I can do that for the v1.5 series, if you'd like.  I can't really do it for v1.4 because
that series is in "bug fix only" mode.  However, given that we're revamping all
of our affinity support, I don't know what the future interface will look like -- so the
name may change, or ...

That's all fine - much appreciated.

Cheers,
David