Ralph Castain wrote:

On Feb 14, 2011, at 9:26 PM, Abhishek Kulkarni wrote:
On Mon, 14 Feb 2011, Ralph Castain wrote:
If the ability to turn "on" thread support is missing from 1.5, then that is an
error.
No, it was changed from "--enable-mpi-threads" to "--enable-opal-multi-threads"
on the trunk in r22841 [1].
If the changeset has not been brought over to v1.5, it indeed looks like an
anachronism in the README.

[1] https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/22841
My point is that it isn't an anachronism in the README, but an error in 1.5 -
it needs to have the ability to turn on thread safety.
I'm not sure if we're making progress here. So far as I can tell, the v1.5 README talks about --enable-opal-multi-threads. This option does not otherwise appear in v1.5, but only in the trunk. So, to make the v1.5 README consistent with the v1.5 source code (as opposed to talking about features that will appear in unspecified future releases), either:

*) the comment should be removed from the README, or

*) opal-multi-threads should be CMRed to v1.5