The CMR #2814 fixes the problem by renaming the internal VT library 'libutil.a'
to 'libvt_util.a' to prevent name conflicts with dependency libraries.

I believe that's the safest way even I preferred the libtool patch. I'm not
sure whether the patch is correct or not - it may break some other
functionality.

Matthias