Hi Ralph,

On Jul 25, 2011, at 11:05 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

On Jul 25, 2011, at 10:16 AM, Samuel K. Gutierrez wrote:

Hi Ralph,

It seems as if this issue is related to a missing shm_unlink wrapper within Valgrind. I'm going to disable posix by default and commit later today.

Is that the right solution?

No, not really.

If the problem is something in valgrind, then let's not disable something just for their problem. Is there a way we can wrap it ourselves so the error doesn't cause the message?

I think so. They outline the procedure in README_MISSING_SYSCALL_OR_IOCTL, so I'll take a look.

Stay tuned,

Sam

Like I said, everything worked just fine - the message just implied the proc would die, and it doesn't.

Thanks,
--
Samuel K. Gutierrez
Los Alamos National Laboratory