Thanks for the bug report. We should probably cleanup the reporting of
this type of error. I think someone was looking into the "*** The
MPI_Init() function was called before MPI_INIT was invoked." issue
since it came up in a different bug report.

But I'll file a ticket on this so when we get back into the code we
can try to address it.

Thanks,
Josh