Hi George:

In the current implementation, to send CUDA device memory, we move it through
internal host buffers.  In other words, we force the usage of the send
protocols.
If the host buffers are CUDA registered, then when we call cuMemcpy to move the
data into those host buffers, the cuMemcpy performs better if the memory is
registered, and cannot be paged out.
This also may allow future optimizations, for example, asynchronous copies,
that require the host memory we are copying into to be CUDA registered.

Rolf