The warnings issued through ess_base_select.c:46 are annoying but harmless.
Wesley is going to hunt them and remove them, but they are really issued
because of the print:
orte_ess_base_proc_get_epoch (ess_base_select.c:46) calls
ORTE_NAME_PRINT(proc), which prints proc->epoch, before proc->epoch is assigned
to the local computed value epoch. This assignment is done in the level just
above orte_ess_base_proc_get_epoch: orte_odls_base_default_construct_child_list
(odls_base_default_fns.c:737) says proc->epoch =
orte_ess_base_proc_get_epoch(proc);

Wesley is going to find where this proc was created to ensure that its epoch
field is initialized to INVALID_EPOCH, but what this trace says is really that
nothing references it before it is initialized to its correct value.

Thomas