Hi Renyong,

If the same problem occurs under Linux, then the Boost.MPI library might have compatible issues with Open MPI, but it still needs to be verified.

However, I'm also confused why the simple code didn't work for you. The only guess is the environment is messed up by different MPI implementations, that the launched mpi processes are several 'singleton' jobs which have all rank 0.

Regards,
Shiqing

On 2011-08-09 2:00 PM, renyong.yang wrote:
Hi,

I've solved the same weird error on Linux, but have not tried Windows yet. The error recurs on Linux system, when I firstly use mpich on my Linux, the program works fine, then I uninstalled it and switched to your open-mpi, the error came out without warning, and I tried to change the compiler to mpic++ other than g++, the error remains. So I doubt if the Boost.MPI is compatible with current MPI system, I recompiled the Boost.MPI library and substituted the old ones, the code with Boost library came back to work. So I guess the old compiled Boost library depends on other library like mpich, so it can't work with current open-mpi because they are incompatible, however, I'm still confused why simple code (In the last mail I sent to you) which does not depend on Boost library(I never used mpich on Windows before), can not work.

Wishes~
Renyong