On Dec 13, 2011, at 7:59 PM, Christopher Yeoh wrote:

> Sorry, late to the discussion. This is a spurious warning caused by
> passing the NULL pointer to the opal free function which is actually ok.
> It was fixed by #2884 - this is why you don't see the problem in trunk.

I have a dim recollection that we talked about this before, but I'm going to
ask again, anyway...

    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/25430

Why are we removing this debug message?  It seems like a useful thing.  It
might well be legal to call free(NULL), but it seems like a bad idea to call
free if we know the value will be NULL.

Did we talk about this before, and I was in the minority for thinking removing
it was a bad idea?

For corporate legal information go to: