On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 20:58:52 -0500
George Bosilca <bosi...@eecs.utk.edu> wrote:

> The self BTL is different from any other BTL. Any memcpy operation
> done by this BTL is automatically protected behind the matching
> logic, and therefore does not require extra thread safety protection.
> A mutex in the self BTL is mostly a copy/paste mistake.

So just to clarify, you don't just mean the data source and
destination memory being protected by the matching logic, but
also various linked lists such as self_frags_[eager|send|rdma]
are implicitly protected?

ie. Pretty much need an implicit guarantee that only one thread at a
time will ever call the btl self functions which manipulate those lists.

Regards,

Chris