On Feb 10, 2012, at 3:14 PM, Paul H. Hargrove wrote:

> + User knows nothing about xen, and thus nothing about virbr0
> + User has a local-only interface (eth8 in my made up example)
> + User reads FAQ entry "220. How do I tell Open MPI which TCP networks to
> use?"
> + User follows instructions given in said FAQ, yielding my example command
> line.

Do you mean that eth8 is the only non-loopback interface on their laptop, and
it's disconnected?  (e.g., sitting on a train with no wifi and no wired
ethernet)

Then OMPI would have disqualified that interface, anyway (because it wasn't up).

I think I'm missing the zen of your question... :-\

For corporate legal information go to: