When trying to build the OMPI trunk or the 1.5 branch with clang-3.0, I
cannot build VT.
If have tried both MacOS 10.7 and FreeBSD-9.0-RELEASE.
In all four builds (2 branches X 2 OSes) the failure appears to be "deep"
in the C++ STL.

I strongly suspect that this is a Clang++ bug.
However, I am reporting it here in the hope that somebody more familiar
with STL and/or the VT code can take a closer look to rule out the
possibility that the STL *usage* might be "border-line".

The failure portion of the make output (nightly trunk tarball 1.7a1r25903)
is attached.

-Paul

--
Paul H. Hargrove                          phhargr...@lbl.gov