Performance depends on the network topology & node hardware, and the
benchmark - so we don't have enough information to determine the root
of the issue...

However, you can do some debugging on your end (once you master the
techniques you will be able to debug all sorts of performance problems
- not just those in Open MPI): Compile coll_tuned_decision_fixed.c
with debug on (-g), and remote log onto a node where one of the tasks
runs, and attach a debugger to see if the execution path changes. If
it does, then you next step will be to determine if the bottleneck of
the benchmark really is affected by the decisions made in
coll_tuned_decision_fixed.c  .

Note that to attach a debugger (just gdb will do for this case), you
will need to put a sleep after main (ideally before MPI_Init() so that
you can attach the debugger. You can even use all sorts of hacks like
using shell script wrappers to echo the PID of the task and then sleep
in the script before starting the real MPI task so that you don't need
to recompile the benchmark...

Rayson

Open Grid Scheduler / Grid Engine
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/